How Do I Pair My Phonak Hearing Aid to My Smartphone?
To pair your Phonak hearing aid to your smartphone, you need to download the myPhonak app. Once you’ve downloaded the app, follow these steps to pair your hearing aid to your smartphone:
- Launch the app, and select “Pair device” to initiate the pairing process
- Make sure Bluetooth is switched to “on” on your smartphone
- Make sure Location Services are enabled for the myPhonak app
- Restart the hearing aids to enable Bluetooth pairing mode
- Press and hold the lower part of your Phonak hearing aid button for 4 seconds until the light turns red
- Press and hold the lower part of your Phonak hearing aid button for 2 seconds until the light starts to flash green
- On the app, tap “Continue” to begin the pairing process
- The myPhonak app will search for your hearing aid devices
- You’ll see “Device found” pop up on your app screen
- Select your hearing aid and wait for the hearing aid to connect, which may take some time
- A Bluetooth pairing request for your hearing aid(s) will appear on your smartphone’s screen — when this happens, tap “Pair”
- Your hearing aids should be paired with your smartphone
- From here, you can tap “Continue” in the app to complete the process, or select “Optional settings” to see how to customize your hearing aid’s controls for streaming and phone calls
How Do I Clear My Phonak Hearing Aids?
Cleaning your Phonak hearing aids is quite simple. Use a microfiber cloth and gentle pressure to buff your hearing aids free of any debris. Do not use any materials other than a microfiber cloth, or you risk scratching and damaging your hearing aids.
How Do I Reset My Phonak Hearing Aids to Factory Mode?
To reset your Phonak hearing aids to factory mode, press and hold the power button on the hearing aid for 20 seconds. During these 20 seconds, your hearing aid might turn on and off, flash, or chime — this is normal. Continue holding the button.
After 20 seconds, the device is reset to factory mode.
How Do I Turn On/Off My Phonak Hearing Aids?
To turn your Phonak hearing aid on or off, firmly press the power button on the hearing aid for 3 seconds until the indicator light starts blinking.
How Long Do Phonak Hearing Aids Last?
How long your hearing aids last depends on several factors, such as:
- How you wear your hearing aids
- How you care for and store them
- How much heat and moisture they’re exposed to
Your Phonak hearing aids can last anywhere from three to seven years.
How Often Should You Charge Phonak Hearing Aids?
You should charge your Phonak hearing aids daily. The battery life of the lithium-ion rechargeable battery is 24 hours.
Phonak Hearing Aids from Happy Ears Hearing Center
Ready to learn more about Phonak hearing aids? Contact Happy Ears Hearing Center, located in Mesa, Peoria, and Surprise, Arizona, today.